What is Quora and Why am I on It?
Last Updated on July 17, 2023
A few days ago, when my best friend Devin visited me, we planned to go hiking. He asked me which hiking trails would be nearer to our residents. Without any second thought, I picked up my phone and searched it on Quora.
Devin’s eyes brows were up as if he noticed something new. Surprised, He asked me, “What is Quora and Why am I on it”? Here is what I said…
Everything you need to know about Quora before you sign in!
In short, Quora is an online platform where you can ask and answer questions, write blogs, upvote to promote any answer, or downvote to weed out misinformation. It is completely free, but to attain more features, you can go for the premium ones.
For getting further information, stay tuned to this article.
What is Quora and Why am I on it?
Quora is simply a community-based approach to asking questions and getting answers. One thing that sets it apart from other social media is that users answer the questions through their expertise and experience. Also, you will get brief answers to each question.
But is the information provided by Quora correct? Well, you don’t have to bother about validity. The users have the authority to flag wrong information or low-quality content. They can downvote or upvote the answers.
The moderators then review the low-quality content and, if required, remove it. Now, come to the next point – why am I on it?
- It caters to a wide range of information on board.
- Lets me share my experience in sorting out others’ problems (by answering their questions)
- It helps to create connections with people of similar interests. You can exchange knowledge regarding business, health, and much more. Thus, I can engage with more people, which helps me grow and develop.
- It enables me to create a professional online profile.
What is Quora premium?
As the name suggests, it is a premium version of Qoura where you will have access to some extra features. Here you will get the following benefits:
- You can enjoy an Ad-free experience.
- You will be able to see who viewed your profile.
- It offers extra daily credits, which help promote your content or ask new questions.
- Let you explore exclusive content which is unavailable in the freemium version.
- Advanced search filters let you find your reliable content easily and quickly.
- You will get dedicated customer care service.
Now, you are probably thinking about how much you must pay to attain these. Well, it depends upon the location and subscription plan you will take. Roughly I can say it will cost you around $5 per month or $40 per year.
How to use Quora?
One thing I like the most about Quora is it is super-user friendly and intuitive.
Below I have given a step-by-step guideline for your convenience.
- The step is creating an account. , you can create an account with your email address or Facebook account.
- The next thing is to customize your account with all the necessary information, like adding a profile picture, address, bio, interest, occupation, or expertise.
- If you want to Search for something, write on the search bar. Even you can directly ask questions by clicking on the ask questions button.
- You can leave comments, upvotes, or downvotes and thus get engaged with others. Also, you can share your ideas, thoughts, insights, and experiences in writing blog posts.
- However, you should always respect others’ points of view while engaging and the standard of this platform.
Can You Earn Money by Using Quora?
Isn’t it interesting that you are getting help and earning money simultaneously? Quora lets you do so! This platform offers partnership programs to its users. If you want to know how I will say engagement and consistency are key!
For this, you can ask questions, create quality content or become a verified expert in a particular field. It sees how much engagement you are generating by any of the above. The more engagement, the more money you will get. Also, you can earn money through their knowledge prizes programs.
Many asked – how many views do you need to get paid? To be honest, the platform didn’t reveal it yet.
Pros and Cons of Using Quora
By this time, you have got a decent idea about this platform. Next, I will sum up its upside and downside at a glance so that you have no further confusion regarding this platform.
- Get answers from experts
- can be engaged with communities of the same interest
- Learn new things and can share your knowledge, views and thus broaden your horizons
- Earn Money
- User friendly
- Available both in premium and free versions
As it is a community-driven Q and A platform, there is a chance of getting trolled, spam, and misinformation.
Is Quora Safe?
Quora is comparatively safe to run. This platform has dedicated team members to make it one of the trustable sites to use. Also, it has privacy features through which you can control who can view your profile and restricted profile information.
Having said that, it is an online platform. So, you can not expect 100% safety. However, you can inform the authorities if you see any inappropriate conduct from any users. They will take action.
Is Quora completely free?
Yes, you don’t have to pay a single penny unless you apply for the premium membership. The only expense you have to bear for opening an account is buying the internet. Otherwise, it will not take any money for the Q and A from you.
Is Quora anonymous?
Yes, you can ask questions anonymously here. For this, you have enabled the post anonymously options. But, while creating a profile, you must provide all the real information. This is for identifying teal people. Otherwise, you can hide your identity if you are uncomfortable revealing your identity and asking questions.
Can you chat on Quora?
Yes, you can exchange messages with other users on Quora. For this, you have to click on the new message option, write whatever you want to and click to send. But remember, don’t do any harassment, bullying, or trolling. The authorities can take decisive action against you.
After reading this, I don’t think I have to say differently- what is Qoura and Why am I on it? This platform even helps me to find out some academic-related answers. If it comes out as a savior in my case, it will turn out the same for yours too. So, without any delay, sign in the Quora. If you have any questions, you can ask me in the comments box below.